OVERVIEW: The Administrative Assistant is the first line of contact for clients and stakeholders and represents the organization’s brand and values. Under the direction of the General Manager, the Administrative Assistant is expected to deliver high levels of client care and administrative support. This position provides support and guidance to staff as necessary and interacts with a wide variety of clients and internal/external stakeholders including suite owners & renters, technical experts, and others stakeholders.
Organizational Values: Customer Satisfaction, Quality, Competence, Teamwork and a Passion for the Purpose
Key Result Areas:
- Client Service
- Administrative Services
- Client Communications
- Information Management
- Best Practices
Client Service: Build positive and productive relationships with potential clients, residents’ staff and stakeholders through every interaction.
- Provide excellent client service and assists with daily issues as the first point of contact.
- Provide receptionist duties such as answering phone lines, forwarding calls to appropriate staff or voicemail, take accurate messages, receiving and screening visitors, resolving routine and non-routine queries, and referring callers when appropriate.
- Schedule showings and tour potential residents through the building and suites.
- Provide and explain the Oncore services to potential residents in person or over the phone.
- Co-ordinate tenant’s insurance with resident and insurance provider.
- Cor-ordinate suite phone service with resident and phone company.
- Troubleshoot TV and Internet issues and provide resident support.
- Create new resident files and welcome packages.
- Update and maintain waitlist.
- Manage Dining Room meal cards, tickets, dining room bookings and meal selections.
- Take bookings for private dining room and processes to kitchen.
- Take booking and payment for Hospitality Suite rentals
- Assist with the various social functions such as birthday parties, special events and holiday decorating.
Administrative Services: The Administrative Assistant works with the management and operation teams to support the fulfillment of the organization’s vision, mission and goals.
- Maintain up to date waitlist.
- Collect, process, receive, sort and distribute all mail and faxes in a timely manner.
- Printer maintenance, filing, and feedback box.
- Prepare various correspondence and signage.
- Compile, print, copy, draft memos and distribute reports and memos.
- Monitor and order office supplies as approved by the General Manager.
- Take minutes for health and safety meetings, interviews, and staff meetings.
- Prepare weekly dining room sheets and counts for dietary aides and cooks.
- Collaborate with others to prepare and distribute weekly menu.
- Assist with staff scheduling including arranging coverage for unexpected staff shortages.
- Maintain building maintenance follow up schedule.
- Maintain key control (sign-out and tracking sheets).
- Operate the Moneris machine to receive payments and process bank deposit.
- Create sales receipts, record deposits, input accounts payable and receivable, input monthly billing, create invoices, and other basic tasks in QuickBooks as required.
- Monitor and maintain the Cash Call software allowing phone calls to be tracked and billed internally to individual residents.
- Maintain petty cash accurately and with supporting documentation.
Communications: Supports effective communication by providing professional, branded and timely communications to residents and stakeholders in accordance with the communications plan and goals.
Create and distribute resident and stakeholder surveys, memos and letters
Maintain effective digital, electronic and social media (website updates, facebook postings)
Information Management and Information Technology : Provide guidance and support to all staff to ensure the integrity of the Information systems.
- Maintain database contact information updates of outside agencies, stakeholders including government and regular committee contacts.
- Maintain database of client information of residents showing full names, phone numbers, and other details including walker/cane/oxygen users, license plate numbers, vehicle description, parking stall numbers and pets.
- Maintain the resident emergency contact list
- Ensures technological and telecommunications needs are operational
- Troubleshoot computer software and hardware problems with IT service providers as required.
- Implement the Oncore processes for reviewing and responding to client feedback and concerns ensuring timely reporting to the General Manager.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the RiverBend Manor policies, standards, and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality on all matters relating to the affairs of Oncore Seniors Society and RiverBend Manor.
Other duties as required
Ability to work Independently
Communication – written & verbal
Planning and Organization
Empathy and Compassion
Standards of Excellence
Trustworthy, Honesty and Confidentiality
- Minimum of two years of related experience with proven excellent results and successful completion of related post-secondary office skill trainings OR an equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Strong computer skills, keyboarding – 60 wpm minimum, Microsoft Office suite: MS word, excel, publisher and outlook. Working knowledge of the Internet, and database programs such as Mail chimp, survey monkey or other equivalent database programs.
- Satisfactory criminal record check.
- Class 5 Drivers License and acceptable driver’s abstract .
- Ability to create, post and schedule social media would be an asset
- Ability to execute text website updates would be an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated ability to:
- Maintain standards of honesty, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Communicate effectively and listen to understand; build rapport with residents, employees, and stakeholders to create connections, trust and positive working relationships.
- Proven ability to execute advanced office procedures and practices.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with the operational team and support the management team.
- Be available and flexible with work schedule when required for special events and projects.