POSITION DESCRIPTION: Administrative Assistant
REPORTING TO: General Manager
The Administrative Assistant will work independently but takes direction from and reports directly to the General Manager. They are expected to provide guidance to employees, when necessary, while operating with the highest level of confidentiality. This position interacts with a wide variety of internal and external representatives including employees, suite owners, renters, technical experts, and other stakeholders.
Stakeholder Satisfaction, Quality, Competence, Teamwork, and a Passion for “Working Better Together”.
Key Result Areas
· Resident Services
· Administrative Services
· Client Communications
· Information Management
· Best Practices
Work with the management and operation teams to support the fulfillment of the
organization’s vision, mission, and goals.
· Communicate with various stakeholders to ensure tenant information is kept up to date.
· Monitor office stock and order supplies for administrative department.
· Ensure all office equipment is maintained and operating as expected.
· Track building equipment and maintenance incidents and concerns.
· Assist other departments with resident sheets and tracking forms.
· Support the General Manager when completing resident scheduling and arranging for coverage.
· Complete operation financial tasks including billing and recording payments from residents.
Build positive and productive relationships with potential clients, residents, employees,
and stakeholders through every interaction.
· Provide excellent client service and assist with daily issues as the first point of contact.
· Complete receptionist duties such as answering phone lines, responding to general enquiries, greeting visitors, and providing referrals when appropriate.
· Direct interested community members to the appropriate resources and educate them on building amenities.
· Welcome new residents to the building and ensure the general manager is prepared for new resident paperwork.
· Assist residents with telecommunications hardware issues, escalate issues to service provider as required.
· Lead the front desk volunteer program, to ensure support is provided to residents on the weekends.
· Support the Strata and assist with Strata run resident programs.
· Organize social functions for employees and residents at the direction of the General Manager.
Support effective communication by providing professional, branded, and timely communications to residents and stakeholders in accordance with the communications plan and goals. Liaise between the administrative team, internal departments, residents, and external stakeholders.
· Draft memorandums, notices, and signage to inform all stakeholders of building news.
· Maintain contact information for external stakeholders including government and regular committee contacts.
· Commune Resident needs with the Dining Room, while ensuring all meals or special events are communicated to residents and guests.
· Act as a liaison between the insurance provider and the residents.
Provide guidance and support to all employees to ensure the integrity of the Information Systems.
· Ensure technological and telecommunications needs are maintained, resolving computer software and hardware problems with information technology employees.
· Track resident and business IT incidents for the Executive team.
· Maintain property website.
· Implement the Oncore process for reviewing and responding to client feedback and concerns to ensure timely reporting to the General Manager.
· Perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Oncore Seniors Society’s policies, standards, and procedures.
· Maintain confidentiality on all matter relating to the affairs of Oncore Seniors Society and RiverBend Manor.
Other duties as required.
Ability to work Independently
Communication – written & verbal
Planning and Organization
Empathy and Compassion
Standards of Excellence
Trustworthy, Honesty and Confidentiality
· Minimum of two years of related experience with proven results OR successful completion of related post-secondary office skill trainings
· Strong computer skills. Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Ability to create, post, and update e-newsletter and website.
· Class 5 Drivers License and acceptable driver’s abstract.
· Satisfactory criminal record check.
Skills & Abilities:
Demonstrated ability to:
· Work with seniors and provide effective communication, compassion, and patience
· Execute advanced office procedures and practices.
· Effectively manage financials with basic bookkeeping skills.
· Demonstrate their Strong computer skills including bookkeeping software, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Strong organizational and planning skills.
· Strong problem-solving skills and able to resolve minor issues as they arise.
· Take direction and adapt, when necessary.